I will have the chance to attend the Mormon Theology Seminar’s conference entitled “An Experiment on the Word: Reading Alma 32” that is coming up next Friday, September 19th, 2008. It is being held from 9am-4pm in room B192 in the Joseph F. Smith Building on BYU campus. More details can be found on Mormon Theology Seminar’s website, or in their PDF flyer. You can also learn more about it from a podcast with some of the organizers. The conference will be the culmination of a several month online seminar that took place at alma32.wordpress.com.
Here is the schedule:
- 9am • Julie M. Smith • So Shall My Word Be: Reading Alma 32 through Isaiah 55
- 10am • James E. Faulconer • Desiring to Believe: Philo-Sophia and the Word of God
- 11am • Adam Miller • You Must Needs Say that the Word is Good
- 1pm • Jenny Webb • It is Well that Ye are Cast Out: Alma 32 and Eden
- 2pm • Joseph M. Spencer • Faith, Hope, and Charity: Alma and Joseph Smith
- 3pm • Robert Couch • “No Cause to Believe”: Knowledge and Other Signs of Dormant Faith
Since the FAIR Conference liveblogging seemed to work so well, I’m going to see if I can liveblog this event too (I hope they have WiFi in the JFSB). If anyone else is also attending the conference and wants to collaborate on the liveblogging, contact me and maybe we can join our efforts. We will be using the awesome CoverItLive service.
If you want to receive an email reminder of the liveblogging we will be doing here next Friday, see the right hand sidebar on TempleStudy.com to sign up for one.